Susa's life in Vancouver

Friday, April 06, 2007

More on Sushi

As one of my faithful readers commented that I may have found nemo - I was distraught think of the possibility that I could have eaten the cute little black and orange movie star... but then I realized the fish I eat are tuna, salmon and crab... no little cute orange and black clown fish.
phew... that was close.

BUT I'm finding this week as I had sushi 6x in 5 days that perhaps it's not very healthy.
Today I ate sushi for my 6th time and found that after I was done my fingers and toes started to swell... is it all the salt in the soya sauce? Is it msg? water retention from the salt?

Perhaps one should not eat sushi that many days in a row. Note to self for next week.

3 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the mercury rising in your body like a thermometer because of all the global warming.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Bloggins said...

I concur. Sounds like mercury poisoning. Tuna is famous for that. Check your toenails. If you see little silver pools moving around under them, you're way over your limit, and need to back off.

Scientists have proven in some cases (backed up by the medical examiner's office...yes, the morgue) that if you eat too much sushi, you may spontaneously explode. It's not pretty. To compound the situation, others in the immediate vicinity are subject to the effects of secondhand mercury poisoning. And who wants to be responsible for that? Well, you don't care any more, then, do you? You've already exploded. So be nice to your fellow sushi suckers.

Another lesser, yet expensive side effect (short of exploding) is that you have to buy new shoes and gloves. Same size as before, but they look like balloon animals at the ends of the fingers and toes. It makes it really easy to identify the sushi addicts. And people start calling you "Sushi shoes". Not to be confused with "Gucci shoes". Entirely, totally different league.

 
At 12:19 AM, Blogger Migzy said...

You mean that mess just outside of zellers used to be susha the great? And I just went through it! ewwww... In hindsight, the unsigned credit card and milk jug should have been clue enough.

Everything in moderation my dear. It sounds like MSG(or even other preservatives). if your hands feeling really dry and same with your mouth, then ya cut back on it. Some soya sauces have MSG and/or other preservatives in them, and the sushi may as well, depending on where you get it from. The sushi place at metrotown food court is not very good.

There are also other habits, even occasional ones, which contribute to lack of blood flow to extremeties and thus cause swelling as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home