Susa's life in Vancouver

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Being the MC

So I'm going to be a MC for the first time in my life on May 20th.

I've been to many weddings... good and bad... and have seen some amazing MC's and some really boring hopeless MC's. Through all those weddings I never really took notes of what made a good MC and now I find myself trying to dig deep into my memory to find something to go on coming up with nothing.
HELP someone HELP ME?

There's gotta be some books out there on "the idiots guide to being a MC" - there seems to be one of those books for everything else.
I'll keep you posted on the quest - but if you have any ideas let me know.

1 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Migzy said...

Hmm. Here are some ideas that might work. Hope these help. :)

1) Tell embarrassing stories about the trouble you and her/them got into when you were younger. Keep it short and sweet.
2) Call her "poo-poo", and, if appropriate, explain how she got that nick name
3) Tell about the good times you and her/them had together. And about what great friends/people they are.
4) Maybe about how they met?
5) Think of interesting things that people must do for bride/groom to kiss, such as coming up with a poem(haiku or limerick) as to why they should kiss. Perhaps something challenging like they will kiss as long as one can stand on one's head. Have fun with it, but not too easy.
6) try google for "wedding MC ideas" or similar.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home