Susa's life in Vancouver

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Mafia

So far life in Florida is great.
I've been to the beach everyday... I am now officially burnt... that cool ocean breeze can be deceitful... I felt chilled and so was delayed in putting on the sunscreen.... and now I'm RED.

I went fishing last nite with this guy from the Christian Mafia. Actually he isn't Mafia... but he looks like it and talks like it... but him and his 2 brothers had "I love Jesus" caps in the back of the car. I almost caught a fish. Had a good bite... the little bugger stole my bait.
My hotel has a marina in the back. There are so many fish - you can see them swimming if you just sit there long enough. After we were done fishing they took me out for Chinese food. yummy.

Then they decided I needed a fridge and microwave in my room so they snagged one from down the hall and carried in for me - installed it and everything. They are so great. Don't worry they are all over 50 years old... so no I'm not going to marry a Mafia guy.

I have to take the bus everywhere b/c I didn't rent a car... the transit system has a subculture of it's own. I've already made friends with the regulars as I have now become a regular myself. Because Sarasota is not really that big - they don't have that many buses running so I've already made friends with a couple of the bus drivers. Interesting people.

I'm not sure what I'm going to tomorrow. Perhaps try another beach... or maybe the museum?
My Mafia friend George leaves tomorrow so I'm on my own... but my hotel does have a pretty slick tiki bar so I guess I could just hang out there.

Well no new pictures yet... perhaps tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home